Friday, August 21, 2009

What are they thinking?!?!

The Scots have released the only person convicted for the bombing of Pan-Am flight 103 over the Scottish town of Lockerbie in 1988. The accused, Abdelbaset Ali Mohmed Al Megrahi, was released from life imprisonment on compassionate grounds because of a terminal illness.

Compassion? (picture source)

The Scottish Justice Secretary, Kenny MacAskill
agreed that Megrahi had shown no compassion to his victims.
Yet they still released him. In a letter to Mr MacAskill
Megrahi said: 'My continued incarceration in HMP Greenock is not conducive to my well-being as my life nears its end.
Boo-f@%#n-hoo. My opinion is if someone is directly responsible for the murder of 270 people, ya cannae’ really claim compassionate grounds. And of course the Libyan’s have given this dude a hero’s welcome. Classy.

A hero's welcome for a mass murderer

I have no idea what Scottish interests are served by sucking up to Libya, but you can be damn sure other would-be plane bombers are looking at this as a victory.

Links:


Trailer to the Air Crash Investigations episode on the Lockerbie bombing.

2 comments:

Gramps said...

I hope Scottish officials are now shaking their heads in sorrow over their decision that led to the reaction Libya is now showing to the world.

Jack said...

I think the Brits have their hand dirty too....