Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Googling imperils the Earth!!!

Well it's now official, everything you do contributes to The Warming, even Google searches create CO2:
"Performing two Google searches from a desktop computer can generate about the same amount of carbon dioxide as boiling a kettle for a cup of tea, according to new research."
Well, everybody panic right now....or maybe forgo your morning cuppa.
"While millions of people tap into Google without considering the environment, a typical search generates about 7g of CO2 Boiling a kettle generates about 15g."
Google "Global warming is a crock of shit" and you get 26,400 hits

Google "I believe in unicorns" and you get 852,000 hits

Which, in addition to me just adding 15g of CO2 to make a really bad joke, proves that more people prefer to write about unicorns than they do Global Warming. Does that mean Unicorns are real-er than Global Warming ?

I think so

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I you a link to this article. Guess I'm a week too late!

I think my tea's gone cold ...